Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Sexual Health Screening Got Rejected Due To Budget Cut

Dear Zach,

This morning I was so ready to go to Klinik Kesihatan in Putrajaya Branch Presint 18 for my annual sexual health screening checkup for free. I went there early morning to avoid crowds. I went for registration and told the officer that I wish to have my sexual health checkup. 

"what's the purpose you want to do this checkup?" She asked.

I was a bit perplexed. She saw my confusion and continued, "For marriage purpose or what?" 

"No. For personal reason." I said. She then further saying that they don't provide screening for personal reason and shit only for marriage purposes are allowed. Then a higher level of officer stepped in and overhead our conversation, he then gave a greenlight for further process. 

I waited for another 20 minutes in a hall full of Malays. I feel alienated. When my number was reached, I entered a sterilized room. A male officer further inquired me for the purpose of doing it again. 

This time he said, "If you have no discharge or pain around and from your penis, then probably you are not in high risk. Unless you wish to check for marriage purpose, then we allow to proceed. Unless you find yourself having symptom, having random sex with random people then we can do it for you."   

When I was about to mentioned the latter reason, he spoke again, "I don't know about that, you will have to see a doctor before we can proceed." 

So I was referred to real malay female doctor, same question ensued. Like what the actual fuck?

"Do you have pain around your groin area? Ulcer? Discharge? Have any rashes? Last sex? With male or female?" 

I answered accordingly. 

"Since you have no symptom and whatnot, we can't proceed you further screening. Not that we do not want to. I understand you wish to do annual checkup for your health status and I fully support your wish. Unfortunately, our klinik is experiencing budget cut and we have limited test kit available.You have to understand as well. Not that we against your will. We have no choice to tell you this. You come at the wrong timing whereby the budget was limited since June this year. If you were to come by next year early January, yes we could do it for you instantly. Don't feel disheartened." She said softly. 

What else can I do since they have such limited budget? 

I went home with a settled heart. Probably if I want to check, I would have to pay a hefty for it.

Should I or Should I not? 


No comments

Post a Comment

© Dear Zach
Maira Gall