Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Post-Getaway Outcome: Goal Setting

 

Dear Zach,

It had been five days since I came back from the unpleasant getaway. My depressive feeling has ebbed away which I feel refreshing and my mind is clear. During the entire trip, I wasn’t thinking about how my life should have worked out – I enjoyed whatever it had to offer there. I spent a lot on clothes and walked around like what a tourist should have been. It wasn’t considered remotely a great trip, but I still enjoyed it. The cultures, the poverty, and the life people living there had me feeling appreciative of what I have now. I shouldn’t be complaining about lacking thereof.

Coming back from the trip, I didn’t think much about my life either. But there’s one thing I am most certain about is that my goal has been set. Deep down in my heart, I know how hard it will be to achieve this goal. I can’t put my thoughts into word but I have a rough idea of what I want in 10 years time. There will be obstacles and challenges I will have to encounter. One of the obstacles is the completion of my internship which will be begun next week. 16 weeks of internship seems long enough to me and I am not really looking forward to it. Frankly, I am not into that job scope at all. Just for the sake of finishing a part of my course, I will just have to endure the dreadful weeks to come.

My goal is my driving force to propel forward. To be able to get something I’ve always wanted has never ceased to fail, but this time I won’t let it happen again. My history is about to change. If I put my faith on it, I believe it will change for my benefits.

xx

1 comment

  1. Good luck then! Getaways have unexpected outcomes most of the time

    ReplyDelete

© Dear Zach
Maira Gall