Friday, August 28, 2026

Believing can be deceiving

Dear Zach,

In related to previous post about the addiction of social media, most of the contents posted are intentional for seeking validation. Since my feeds are mostly gym and shirtless men, therefore I am fed with plenty of unnaturally muscular guys in their early 20s, proudly showing off their "hardwork", stripping down to their underwear, seeking fans, likes and thirsty comments.

I come across a video about the dark side of steroid usage amongst the teens and guy in their early twenties, they are largely influenced by the pressure of looking good (vascular/shredded/dreambody) on the internet. Not to mention that you can easily purchase a few vials of PED from the dealer or online. This happens a lot to the youngster in India, where they chase for overnight fame by having dream body, so that they can be on stage competing, getting sponsors, to have a better way out of being poor.

As far as I know, being an influencer is not a job. Most of these influencers, in real life, they are as poor as us. They may be rich in having large followers, but not rich in bank accounts.

Not sure why I am into this topic. Probably it gives me a reason to fall back from scrolling on fb reels and focus on my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment