Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Expose

Dear Zach,

It didn't take long enough for my co-workers to figure out about me when one of them is good at prying info out of somebody. She asked me when I was having my dinner in the pantry, "So do you have girlfriend? Hang on! Are you gay?" I did not instantly protest. In fact, I let the silence fall. I did not answer to her question. I turned the question back to her, "What do you think?". With that, I'm highly suspicious to her. Within days, seemingly everyone at the front desk knew about it - thanks to her fucking unzipped mouth. They seems fine with it even though they highly think I'm, in fact, gay. But they wanted the truth out of me. That to reassure their suspicion is true. One of them trying to test the water but to no avail. One of my co-workers, a malay woman, whom she looks so conventional in terms of dress code, surprised me with a question "Are you gay?". She asked in hushed voice.

"What do you think?" I asked her. 

"I'm fine with it. Don't worry about it. If you are gay, then be it. No point hiding." She said nonchalantly.

"Then yes. I am." From there, it seems to have brought us closer as she's the only one who knows about me. We talked a lot even though we have sort of different dialect. But I'm glad she's very accepting in this sense given the fact that she's a full-fledged Malay. 

I'm pretty sure one of the male trainers knows about me. Because our conversation has been lessen and he seems to have avoided me in engaging any conversation whenever we were alone, in which I couldn't be bothered about that, I'm not much a talker either. 

I'm not afraid of people knowing me. But I do respect people who respect me in terms of my sexual orientation.    

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dear Zach
Maira Gall