Saturday, September 26, 2026

Cost Me A Week Load of Grocery

Dear Zach,

Reading is and has always been the best way for me to improve my language. I still remember when I was in college I used to read at least 4 or 5 books a month, and writing on this blog, and all together it tremendously brought my English to the next level. Books were used to be affordable. With all the inflation and shits, the cost of one book is literally a week of my grocery. Could you imagine how much RM70 worth of grocery is?

Despite that, I still bought a book of my favorite author. I tried to read it before sleep, somehow I am not able to finish it. I bought it 2 months ago, I am still half way through the plot. I am constantly distracted and couldn't concentrate in reading more than 10 minutes. Instead, I read one chapter per night. But when I've had a long tiring day after delivery work, my mind just couldn't read between the lines anymore.

To say that I am not interested in reading anymore, that is a stretch; I still do. But with the expensive price tag, I just can't afford buying books anymore. Besides, each title and content of the books are too similar but with different authors - especially at the self-enrichment section. I wonder if they just hire somebody to write for them and release it as it is. A good reason to dissuade me from buying them.



No comments:

Post a Comment