Sunday, September 10, 2017

Decluttering. Minimalist.

Dear Zach,

I am becoming more and more of a minimalist. 

For the past few months, I was downsizing my items. I threw away unused stuffs. I donated my shirts which had not been worn for years for charity. I threw away books I never read. I gave away facial cream like sunblock SPF 60+ to my mum to which she finds the complexion for her skin is too dark. She threw it away. I stopped taking health supplement which does nothing significantly to my health. I drink only plain water. Less sugar. Eat only veges and eggs. Avoid eating meat as much. 

I am keeping the bare minimal essential to myself. Just that I haven't painted my room in white color to further accentuate the concept of minimalist. My mum thinks I'm crazy for throwing out stuff out of the blue. I told her that I was wearing my uniform more than the casual shirt I wear when I go out. It is not necessary for keeping so much clothes in my closet as I have no chance of wearing them at all. Even if I do, a round-necked shirt and short pant would be to-go for me.

I removed a lot of contacts from my phone. Only my family and co-workers are on my list. I deleted Instagram - it's too much comparing and unhealthy to be seeing pictures. I removed it because I still can live without it. 

I literally feel so much lighter physically and mentally. 

2 comments

  1. I feel the same way. I want to reduce all my possessions to just four boxes. So much stuff I don't need and wonder why I ever wanted. I walk through the mall and look at all the stuff I don't need. Stop buying anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is simple that way. It makes you realize what thing is important for your need - clothes, food, items, and people.

      Delete

© Dear Zach
Maira Gall