I have been working as lalamove delivery driver for 6 months now. I am not ashamed to say I really like the job scope itself. Apart from greeting the fellow people at the pick-up and drop-off points, and dealing some shitty people, there is nothing much to be stressful about working the gig. I enjoy the silence of my job throughout the journey from one point to another. But in my head I always planning the en route to save time and effort to earn the most in the least amount of time. 4 hours passes by very easily by just working like that.
Having said that, the fare is getting lower by each month. I can tell by the statistic of the total amount of jobs completed in each month, growing from 50+ jobs per month to almost 120+ jobs per month but earning literally the same amount of wages. The math doesn't make any sense at all. I am earning the same as I was during my starting month on Feb but working twice amount the workloads. The fare for most of the jobs are dropping from RM20 at least to RM12 for 20km travelling distance. How is this even fair? How is this even allowed? How can you even justify this?
Everyday when I get ready for work, when I scroll down the list of jobs on the app, I get very frustrated looking at the fare. Even the price for a blowjob I used to charged was much higher than all of these.
I am looking at other platforms for full time delivery job. Since I like the job scope itself, I think it is time to be full time delivery driver with workers benefits and incentives. I am looking at Shopee Express now. Sadly the hub, which is 5 minutes away from my home, is full. I would have to wait then.
The gig economy is too diluted
ReplyDelete